She loved wearing designer clothing and even though these creations were out of reach for most of us, her look was easily translated, becoming affordable and attainable. Here's 7 ways to achieve her classy, casual style.
- Black and White Jackie's favorite look was white on the bottom and black on the top. This is a very easy style to imitate. Start with classic white trousers or a-line skirt, add a black top pulled down over your hips. Add a 3-strand pearl necklace and large sunglasses - instant Jackie style.
|Barefoot in Rome 1966 (AFP/Getty Images)|
- Well Fitted Jacket Jackie was well known for wearing fitted jackets with quarter and bracelet length sleeves, which could be paired with skirts, trousers, or jeans. Look for those with large buttons down the front or a belt around the waist to emphasize your figure and to give you a clean, polished look.
|1970 (Getty Images)|
- Sleeveless In a time when baring your shoulders was considered a fashion faux-pas, Jackie dared to step out with bare arms. She mostly went sleeveless with her evening attire but could also be seen wearing sleeveless dresses, such as shifts, at other functions as well. To achieve this look, go with simple dresses in solid colors.
- Turtlenecks Jackie made the black turtleneck elegant. She would frequently pair it with flared trousers or an a-line skirt and trench coat. Wearing black on top gives you instant elegance, will trim your midsection, plus it's easy to accessorize.
|1969 (Getty Images)|
- Pearls Jackie made the 3 strand pearl necklace a signature trend. Whether with a dress and white gloves or pants and a t-shirt, you can pair pearls with any outfit for instant class and elegance.
With John F. Kennedy Jr. August 1962 (AP photo)
- Scarf Scarves were one of Jackie's most used accessories. She could be found wearing a head scarf paired with a fitted tee and capris or tied around her neck while wearing a simple dress. You could also tie it to your purse for instant color.
|1962 (Photo by Irving Penn)|
- Sunglasses Jackie was known for her large, signature sunglasses. They are the perfect finishing touch to any outfit.
|1975 (Getty Images)|
- Remember, to achieve the easy elegance of Jackie's style, you need to keep it simple and streamlined. Fill your closet with timeless and classic pieces and great accessories that you can mix or match for any occasion.