Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Stressed!


Stressed Girl

Lately, I have been a little frazzled...well, ok, a lot frazzled.  I have some major stressors in my life at the moment and most days I just want to go to my bedroom and crawl into bed and hide, but I can't.  There are people counting on me to get up and function as a human being.  Darned responsibilities!

Vintage working lady

I have been dreaming of a stress free life.  Literally, I have dreams of sitting on a dock, the sun streaming down on me, and my toes dangling in cool water.  

Marilyn Monroe sitting on dock

And yes, in all of these dreams, I am THIN and either wearing a vintage bikini or shorts and a cute midriff shirt.

Grace Kelly on beach

Marilyn Monroe on beach

I also dream of escaping to a serene cabin deep into the mountains, far from civilization.  I think I just want to run away and hide from everyone and everything.

1940s cabin

1940s cabin

I yearn for a simple life with peace and tranquility.  I pray for it, wish for it, and dream of it.

Vintage girl sitting in woods

Will I get it?  No time soon, I'm sure, because I am a working woman, a mother of six, a grandmother of soon to be eight, and have a father with a terminal illness.  But a girl can dream, can't she?




8 comments:

  1. Such a lovely big family. Think of all the joys of your family:) I hope you can find some small pieces of relaxation. Maybe you might try a nice soak in a hot tube and disappear into a book for a few hours with your mind only centered on the book:) I think you might also start to feel better when the weather perks up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. There are days I don't even want to get up out of bed. I know the 1940s and 1950s are my golden age, but they really do seam simpler than today's life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you're stressed. I know that when I was working for my dad I was nothing but a huge stress ball. I'd even have nightmares about things going wrong or me forgetting an order. Even in my sleep I didn't get a break. I'm terrible at dealing with stress too.

    I'll be sure to include you in my prayers. Try not to stress yourself out. You don't need to make yourself sick and worry your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope you get your break soon. Hang in there. You can get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is AMEN and Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A can, and most definitely should dream. I think that even just carving out space amongst our thoughts were we allow ourselves to take mini mental getaways can have stress reducing abilities.

    I truly hope that peace and serenity come your way soon, dear lady.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies so much for all of the encouraging words. They bring a smile to my face and my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At times like these I try to remember "this, too, shall pass." Be thankful for every moment you have with loved ones. i love your blog and all your great ideas. thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**