Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Monday, November 12, 2012

Thanksgiving Photos

In honor of the upcoming holiday, I thought it would be fun to look at some vintage "Thanksgiving" themed photos.  There is just something a little creepy about some of them, knowing what happens to that bird in the end. Here are some of my favorites and I've had a little fun with them.  Enjoy!


vintage lady with turkey
When I said to stuff the turkey, this is not what I meant.

Alix Talton
To catch that gobbler you gotta learn the turkey call

Alfred Hitchcock with turkey
Get ya own darned bird, this one's mine!

Jeanne Crain with turkey
That's a good bird, you just stay right there.

Marilyn Monroe Thanksgiving
What ya huntin lady?

Angela Greene with turkey
So, what do you think Tom, is this too much powder?

Ann Sheridan Thanksgiving
Are you a leg or breast man?

Barbara Bates Turkey
Hold still Tom, you can't go to dinner without your bow tie.

Barbara Nichols Thanksgiving
I'll have those turkeys falling at my feet.

vintage Thanksgiving turkey
Look me in the eyes, Tom.  You don't need to worry about what's behind my back.

Vintage lady with turkey
Who does she think she's foolin?

Vintage lady holding turkey
Hey lady, watch the giblets.

Doris Day with turkey
Would I lie to you?

Dorothy Sebastian with turkey
We're just going for a little walk.... out behind the shed.

Esther Williams with turkey
I crown you king of Thanksgiving dinner.

Esther Williams Thanksgiving
Now where did that bird go?

Joan Blondell
Here turkey, turkey, turkey

Joan Crawford carving turkey
Mommie, dearest?

Lucy Marlow walking turkey
She said we were going to a friends house for dinner.

Marilyn Monroe pilgrim
He's right behind me, isn't he?

Vera Ellen with turkey
I'm telling ya lady, I can't fly!



3 comments:

  1. Some of those turkeys look like they have seen better days, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I'm glad to that I'm not the only one who feels that way about the fate of turkeys (especially when shotguns, muskets or axes are included as props in the photos!). Awesome roundup of festive images, I really enjoyed this post, dear gal!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**