Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Monday, October 1, 2012

The Backup Plan


Plan B


Let's take a moment to calmly think about this.  So I'm just a little bit stressed.  The fabric that I ordered to make this dress has been delayed and the wedding is this weekend.  I guess its time for Plan B, wait, do I have a Plan B?  You should always have a backup plan, right?  Of course you should, but do I?  Heck no!  

What about all those lovely dresses hanging in your closet, you say?  That would be wonderful, if only I could get them zipped.  (I knew eating that entire bag of cookies was going to come back and bite me.)  

Maybe I could pull a Scarlett O'Hara and yank the drapes down off the wall to fashion me a dress.  Hmm, I don't think mini blinds are suitable dress material for a wedding.  Although I'm sure Lady Gaga could rock the look, this Grandma, not so much.  (Plus that would require me to break out the duster.)

I suppose the next course of action would be to find myself a Gentleman who would take this lovely lady dress shopping.  (I think I know just the gent to ask.)  Yes, I have my Plan B, now cross your fingers that I can actually find something that appeals to me.

See you gals later, break time is over and I have work to do.



2 comments:

  1. Fingers firmly crossed for you!!! I love having a plan B (and C, and D, and...) whenever possible, which (at least in part) hails back to my Girl Guide days and the motto "Be Prepared" that was a cornerstone of so many of my early years.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, I did find four possibilities so now I need to narrow down my choices. I wish I could say that I followed the "Be Prepared" motto but I guess I have always been a "Fly by the Seat of Your Pants" kinda gal. lol

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**