Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween

Just a quick post to share my Halloween costume with you guys.  The pictures aren't the greatest but I think you will get the general idea.  This year my costume plans changed at the last minute when I was asked to participate in a group costume for work.  The group had decided on being the Addams family and I was asked to portray the part of Morticia.  However, with the recent occurrence of Hurricane Sandy along the East, and a family illness, we had a few parties absent today.  But, we had a good representation with our small group.  So here are some shots of my costume.

Morticia Addams hair and makeup

Morticia Addams hair and makeup

Morticia Addams hair and makeup

Morticia Addams hair and makeup

Morticia Addams costume

You really can't tell from the photos but I had the same netting flowing from my sleeves as I do on the bottom of the dress.  I just found a costume at the local Walmart and bought some of the gauzy web material from the Dollar Tree and added it to the bottom and sleeves of the dress.  It gave it a great effect but boy was it aggravating to try and walk in that.  I can't imagine how Carolyn Jones moved around in her Morticia costume with the hobble skirt.

Here is our group photo with Wednesday, Morticia, Gomez, Thing, and Cousin IT.

The Addams Family
And finally, here are the folks I work with that decided to dress up.  The costumes ran the gamut from Puritan to Penguin.  You can just barely see her but, behind the penguin is Tippi Hedren with a bird on her shoulder.

The cute doggy is in training to be an assistance pet through the Companion Pets for Independence so she is in our office building most every day.

Halloween group photoThe Addams Family



We had a fun time with a potluck lunch and entertainment by Elvis himself. Thank you, thank you very much!

How are you celebrating today?



3 comments:

  1. Omg love these pics!! I was Mortica one year-before the babies were born. Such fun!!!! My hubs and I are big fan of the show and The Munsters heheh Happy Halloween!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bunny, I had lots of fun being Morticia. And we love the Munsters too, maybe Lily will be next years costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, what a frighteningly fantastic costume! You look utterly gorgeous as my all-time favourite female character from a spooky TV show.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**