Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Those Dirty Words

It's time to get serious about those two dirty words.  You know the ones that start with "D" and "F".  No!  Not those!  These two words: ....Diet and Fitness.

Those of you who truly know me, know just how much I hate to exercise.  I always say that my idea of exercise is walking back and forth to the refrigerator, or I might mix it up a little with a jaunt around the grocery store.  In my previous post I talked about my sweets addiction.  I admit it, I am a sweetsaholic.  Isn't that the first step, admitting it?

But knowing all of this, and given the fact that with age comes a slower metabolism, means that I have to seriously consider changing a lot of things about how I live.  I really need to be more selective with what goes into my body plus, like it or not, I am going to have to become more active.

First, though, lets take a look at some vintage weight loss advertisements because I heard this rumor that every 100 laughs is worth 10 minutes of exercise and I would much rather laugh my way thin.


Eat sugar before your meal

Now here's a diet plan I could follow.  Eat some ice cream before every meal.  Love that idea!

Bosom beauty

At least they are promoting some sort of exercise in this one but lets not forget how important it is to increase the allure of ones bust.

Obesity soap

Yay!  Soap to wash away my fat, used just like ordinary soap.

Bile Beans

How about those laxatives, take before you go to bed and wake up purified.

Lucky Strike to keep you thin

Let's fill our lungs with smoke and nicotine to get that fat off.

Banish fat with tape worms

Oh, and my favorite, swallow some tape worms and let them do the work for you.  Your fat will be banished.

All fun aside, it is time for me to get off my ever growing tushy and get healthy.  I'm going to do it, but believe me, I'm sure not going to enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh My. Our poor grandmothers, exposed to these ads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! I have to wonder how many of them they really tried.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**