Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Foundation Review for Maturing Skin

As I am aging, my skin is changing, it seems that every day I see another wrinkle.  YIKES!  On a bright note though, soon I will not be able to see those wrinkles because my eyelids are starting to droop over my eyes.  A girl has to weigh the good with the bad, right?

Oh well, back to the subject at hand, my changing skin.  It is not only getting more wrinkles and fine lines, but lacks any moisture. I have always had dry skin but now it looks dull and lifeless and is definitely a source of discontentment for me each morning.


I will be the first to admit that I am not one that follows the strictest of beauty regimens.  Gasp, I have even slept in my makeup and got up the next day just to apply more over top of the mess left from the day before.  I know, I am a horrible person.  Well, maybe not horrible, but lazy indeed.  However, this new chapter in my life is supposed to be about taking time for ME - exploring, finding, learning, enjoying - and I am not enjoying this aging skin.  It needs help and fast.


I have been trying out different drugstore foundations, seeking one that gives me a youthful, dewy appearance, not too heavy, and doesn't settle into those fine lines and wrinkles.  Most recently I tried Revlon Colorstay Makeup for Normal/Dry skin.




It claims to provide lightweight comfort, so you feel like you’re not wearing makeup and looks fresh for up to 24 hours.  It comes highly recommended and has great reviews.


Am I the only woman alive that is not impressed with this stuff?


I found it to be very thick and heavy on my skin and dried to a cakey like appearance, sinking into those wrinkles that I was trying to camouflage.  I tried using a primer before applying the foundation, applied using my fingers, a sponge, and a foundation brush, it didn't seem to make a difference.  I moisturized before applying, heck I even made the effort to have a clean, dry face beforehand.  And trust me, it does take some effort to remove this foundation.  None of this made a difference for me.  It still felt heavy on my face and my skin appeared dryer than before.  Am I expecting miracles?  I don't think so.  I just want to feel fresh and light while evening out my skin tone.   Well gas up the car babe, it's back to the makeup isle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**